The easiest way for a beginner to learn QuickBooks desktop is tips and tricks on YouTube. There are 1000’s of videos and we picked out the top 5 that we like.
- The basics of accounting by Lynda.com is a great primer for the small business owner who is not a trained accountant. It helps you understand how to enter transactions.
- How about paying bills the right way? Pay bills, don’t just write a check. The video describes each area of the QuickBooks window to fill in, and also the difference between the item and expense tabs when entering a bill.
- Downloading bank/credit card transactions. Hector describes in very good detail all the ways to download your bank transactions. It is clear and easy to follow along with.
- Email your invoices – a great quick tip that takes you through all the steps to do it the easy way.
- A short tip that can make your life more colorful.